Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday

(Preclude - I posted twice this morning so be sure to scroll down and read the post about Saturday and Sunday!)

This morning dawned cold but sunny. (Now I know that when I say "cold" you all are rolling your eyes. However, you have to realize that some of us where able to see our breath this morning in our rooms. So, yes the day has warmed up to be absolutely gorgeous it did start out chilly.)
Our Hotel
Pastor Grant eating Breakfast (This one is for you Megan!)
Daniel and Larry hanging our and swaping sunglasses. :)
John and Tom working on getting everything wired for 220 power!
Jocelin and Danielle during breakfast
Some of the group eating lunch outside in the sun.

Today we started wiring for the electrical power as well as resealing the roof of the basement. This last rainy season there was some problem areas that leaked quite badly and so another good coat of the sealer was needed. Joanna and Jean also started cutting the trim painting in the laundry room to get that painted with shelves by the end of this week. Today has already been productive and encouraging to many. Thank you for your support of Fishers of Men and for your prayers for our team. I look forward to sharing more with you about the details of our week!

3 comments:

UDC Mission Team said...

Great to see the pictures and hear about your day! I know everyone looks forward to reading your posts each day and to see how progress is made. I think that I can speak for everyone that has been to Mexico before in saying that seeing the pictures tugs at our hearts and causes us to wish we were there experiencing it with you. But know you all are on our hearts and in our prayers and we hope that God blesses you as a team, the work that you do, and the memories you make!
Take in some Vitamin D for all of us!
Love & Prayers,
Teresa

Dani said...

FANTASTIC POSTS, Ash! Keep them up! What wonderful pictures. It fills me with such joy to know you're there!!!

Cory said...

I agree with Teresa!! I wish I could be there with Y'all! give everyone a big hug for me and thank you for serving on the mission trip!