Friday, January 22, 2010

"Worship" by Ashleigh

Several people have commented in the last couple of days about my deeper involvement in the culture and they are completely right. It is mainly coming with the exponentially increasing understanding of the language that I am able to be more involved and develop relationships past the chit-chat level of acquaintance. There are aspects of the culture that I completely LOVE! I love how, culturally, if you are a believer you greet each other with a "kiss". I love how believers call each other "brother" and "sister". I love when I am able to participate in a conversation and be able to laugh with them without having to ask someone to interpret. I love that Magda feels comfortable enough to ask me to come to her house for the weekend (which I haven't been able to do but will soon). I love knowing faces and have memories come to mind when I see those faces or hear their names. I love worship at church where it's more about the raising your hearts (and often hands) to the Lord versus wondering what others are thinking around you and what is considered "correct". All these things I have come to love and love deeply.

There is a part of me that yearns to know others more. To be able to express the thoughts of my heart, blessings and encouragement to those I have come to know and love, within the family and without. I am still so constrained within the box of language barriers. I have taken to the habit of praying that God would bless people when I cannot, encourage where I cannot and pour His love when I cannot communicate mine. And through this experience I long for heaven more then I ever did before. I long to sit beside my spiritual family members and be able to praise God together uninhibited, recount His goodness and learn together without hindrance. To worship our Father in complete unity. I loved worship time at church when I was in the states but there is a depth that I have found here when worshiping with believers in a different culture that I never could have experienced in the states. I tiny glimmer of heaven where men from every tribe, tongue and nation will bow down and worship together. That day will come and what a glorious day it will be!

So in thinking and talking about worship I thought I would share with you a little video clip that is just under a minute. I captured this several months ago. Diana was watching the children so she put worship music on the computer and was having all of the little kids dance to the music. It was so sweet to encounter and I had to try to grab a little video to remember it. :) I hope you enjoy watching!


No comments: