Saturday, January 16, 2010

"Life Without the Zaragoza Family" by Ashleigh

I know that I was suppose to type yesterday but the entire day got away from me and I completely forgot! :) Oops!

As I sit and type this I am looking out the window to the fog that is rolling across the valley right beneath us and is heady our way. It will be here within the next 20 minutes and we will be enveloped in cloud. :) I love when that happens!

This last week has been a unique and wonderful experience for me. The Zaragoza family went on vacation together. Magda, Erika and Rosa all when home. So, Refuge Ranch is much MUCH quieter with just me and the Marshalls here. In fact, it was kind of weird the first few days and definitely was an adjustment. :) However, it has been a wonderful opportunity for me to relax and really allow myself to enjoy doing things (or not doing things) without the pressure of everyday "normal" life down here. Usually there is so much activity going on that even if I take an afternoon off to work on a project I am not able to really relax as I feel tugged by all that is calling my name and going on around me. :) Thank you Lord for rest and refreshment (not to mention the Marshall family with whom I can do that with! You guys are awesome!).

So this week has been filled with laundry, newsletter, cleaning my room, working on my mother's Christmas present (I can't wait to share more about that but I have to wait until I give it to her because she follows this blog!), making a fire in the fireplace (Julie, you said we should make ourselves at home...so we did! :), and cooking American food just for starters. Lucy and I both like to cook and she was really missing some of the American flavors and familiar food.

Chili and Cheesy Garlic Bread
(I actually made this several Sunday's ago when we stayed back from church but I thought I would include it!)

This last week we have had beef and noodles over mashed potatoes, smothered grilled chicken, salad, brats, apple dumplings, bagels, chicken pot pie and sauteed green beans with bacon. There is great plans for today through Wednesday as well!

Today happens to be my birthday and Lucy's is tomorrow! We are making plans to go see a movie and go out to dinner somewhere tomorrow in celebration! So, on that note I am going to wrap up this post for now and focus on enjoying vacation again! Have a wonderful Christ glorifying weekend y'all!

1 comment:

UDC Mission Team said...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Ashleigh and Lucy!!! We hope that it's a great day celebrating and enjoying the Lord's goodness.

Blessings to you both!
Teresa