Saturday, December 12, 2009

"Christmas Ideas" by Ashleigh

Let see, the last two posts have highlighted Jerry and Troy who have been here working on the Marshall's apartment. So, that topic of the week is pretty much covered. Looking back on the week I can't think of anything that is unusual or really worth telling everyone here on the blog.

So, maybe I will just post about Christmas again. It's a favorite topic of mine. I love Christmas! I love the magicalness (a word of my creating) of the holiday and God has been giving me some great ideas to get excited about! Now, I can only share these if you don't tell the kids. Surprise is an integral part in most of what I am about to tell you.

I don't hear the kids playing Christmas music ever. I don't think that they have much in Spanish anyway but even if they did I don't know that they would voluntarily put it on. So, I am on a quest (and have been rather successful already) to get some Christmas music in Spanish. The kind you put on for atmosphere and reminds you of what time of the year it is and why you are so incredibly grateful! That's was the first idea in trying to help the kids be able to "own" wonderful Christmas memories.

The second idea I will admit is probably completely American. However, that's what I have, right? :) I got several of my favorite Christmas cookie recipes from my mom and planning on baking up a storm sometime this next week and encouraging any kids to join me! (Is someone thinking Christmas music during Christmas baking?) I am hoping that can produce some good memory making time.

And my last idea (which I have to attributed most of the brilliance to Lucy and Julie) is the Christmas presents I am making for the kids. They are going to get their own Christmas ornament that is personalized to them! This is my favorite one because next year when it comes to decorating the tree they will have something of their own to put on it and it will be filled with love.

I'm so excited!!! Please be praying that the kids step out of their comfort zone and attempt to get involved in these ideas!

No comments: