Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday - Things are going UP!

Lots have been happening around here and things are starting to really take form! As you will seein the pictures the laundry room is painted and the shelves are being put up as I type. The concrete on the porches have been poured and are smooth for many little running feet and trycicles to ride on. We also have walls going up for the spontaneous addition project. *sigh* I think there is a general level of contentment on the progress that is being made! :)
Jean - One of our wonderful photographers for the week.

Shelves up in the Laundry room.

Leigh holding the last shelf together as it is assembled.

Victor, Mark and Adrian helping put the walls up for the addition.

Alejandro and Cirino finishing up the concrete for the front porch area.

Ted, Kathi and Alejandro working on pouring the concrete for the side porch this morning.

Things are progressing but it seems we have blinked and there is only one day left. I know that most of us would love to stay longer and help more but God knows the time we have and the projects that are needed. There is still a little under and hour and a half of work left in today and I can promise you that every minute will be used to further the project. This is one increadible team. They work together so well and each one adds so much to the group. I am so increadibly grateful that I had the honor to come down, serve beside them and get to know each one of them.

5 comments:

Jeff and Sara Packard said...

We are so proud of our brothers and sisters at UDC. Keep up the good work.
“What is impossible with man is possible with God.” Luke 18:27
Blessings,
Jeff and Sara Packard

DaleBridge said...

WOW! What an awesome job. It makes me so happy to see what's going on. I don't need to tell you I wish I was there!!!
Love,
Dale

UDC Mission Team said...

Usually by this time in the week, the team starts to feel it physically. Finish strong, team! But also take the time to enjoy the moment because it all flies by so quickly before it's time to say good-bye. From the pictures, I get a sense of the energy that's being spent to get the work completed... great job! Looking forward to more updates and to hear how God has blessed each of you on this trip.
Love & Prayers,
Teresa

Ed said...

Looks like the team is doing a great job. Keep up the good work your on the home strech. I warned Andrea not to fall off the roof. I did not know she would have to be warned about a wheelbarrow ramp.

Dani said...

Absolutely awesome posts! How exciting to see these pictures and feel like we are really almost there. :) I love it! You've done a great job; ALL of you. God bless you for your cheerful service and for being such a huge part of the work at REfuge Ranch!!!