Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hola from Mexico! Julie asked me to post some time this week while they were in Oaxaca and "introduce" myself. :) Most of you know my name as you have heard about me in newsletters and emails. However, in case anyone slipped through the cracks of communication (which is quite possible) my name is Ashleigh Weis. I posted a picture of myself with all the kids in the pool as I thought it would be appropriate, seeing that I have spent quite a bit of time with the kids in that activity as their swimming teacher!


A minstry blog has been an exciting new adventure that Julie and I have talked about(It was her idea, just for the record). There are so many little stories that happen on a day to day basis that we are never really able to share with you all. Many of you have been down here and you know the faces and the people behind these stories. With this type of communication you will be able to share life with us, laugh with us, and pray for us on a more personal and daily basis. What a blessing from God to be in such a technologically advanced age where we, as missionaries, can communicate so consistently with all of you!

To begin the tradition of sharing life I would like to tell you about my preschool class last week. We have been studying plants and planting (soon to move on to harvesting). So, I had my preschoolers (Ruth and Bernabe) plant seeds about a month ago and they have been watering them and watching them grow. Last week it was time to transplant the sunflowers and some of the cucumbers outside. They helped by putting the plants in the holes I had dug and giving them a cup of water before covering them with dirt. To the humor of Julie and I, Ruth informed her mom that "we let the plants go during school today". Julie and I both got a little laugh at the way she explained the process. She is learning about her world and loves it!

No comments: