Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Glory and Majesty by Lucy




El Popo is the active volcano we can see from Refuge Ranch. On a clear day, it is absolutely stunning in its beauty. This morning I decided to do my devotions outside. The sun is shining from behind and to the right of Popo. The sky is blue in that direction, but cloudy and dark in the opposite direction. The sun is shining on the undersides of those clouds, giving them a slightly pinkish hue. I wonder which way the clouds will move? Will they continue down the valley, leaving us with blue sky and a clear view of Popo? Or move toward Popo, covering it and obliterating the sunshine for a time? Either way, I know Popo will still be there, in all its majesty. I've never seen such beauty in the skyline, as I've seen here. It always feels like a promise of what is to come someday.

Some days I feel like my life is filled with clouds, and it is hard to see God, to feel close to Him. But I can rest assured that He is always there. Sometimes I catch just a glimpse of Him peeking through the clouds in my life (Like Popo on a cloudy day), reminding me He is still there. And other times, the clouds are completely gone, and He shines through with a brightness beyond compare. I thank God for His reminders of His majesty each and every day, whether we can see them physically or not. And someday, we will truly see His majesty in all its glory! What a day that will be!

Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. 1 Chronicles 29:11

2 comments:

Dave Claassen said...

Wow - thanks for sharing your breathtaking photos with us, Lucy. We also appreciate your insights about God's constant presence even when we don't "see" Him at times. You and your family are in our prayers.
Love,
Dave and Diann

Unknown said...

Lucy, your thoughts and pictures bring tears to my ears. Thank you for sharing. Love ya lots. Emy