Friday, November 27, 2009

"Thanksgiving" by Ashleigh

There are so many things that I can be thankful for this year. One of the most recent would definitely be the visit I had with my brothers here in Mexico! Here are a couple of pictures from their visit.
Ana and Daniel

Stephen and Me

Stephen and Daniel at the hacienda

Daniel and Stephen helped me paint Rosa's room while she was gone on crusade. They played numerous games of soccer with the kids. We went to the hacienda and played games with the older kids. They helped me with my preschool classes, etc.

I said goodbye to them on Tuesday at the airport and then got back to the Ranch in time to help start the Thanksgiving activities. On Tuesday afternoon we spent some time learning about Thanksgiving. Aaron prepared a history lesson and some fun facts about Thanksgiving to share with everyone else. Lucy and Julie worked with the younger ones with a craft and I took the older ones and challenged them to think of things that they are not currently being grateful for and picking something specific to work on becoming more grateful about.

Wednesday was baking day and this year ( mainly because we had more help) the kids participated. Julie made deviled eggs with Aaron, Josiah, Jocelin, and Fidel. Lucy made rolls with Ruth, Caleb, Martha and Joanna. I made pies with Angie, Diana, and Martita. Everything was made successfully and the kids really enjoyed it.

Thursday Lucy and I finished up the rest of the menu and Magda made the mashed potatoes. At two o'clock we all sat down to a feast! The kids seemed to be much more involved and excited this year then last year. I believe it is greatly attributed to the Marhsalls being here, their participation with the preparation, and deeper understanding of what the holiday is all about. This was Magda, Erika, and Rosa's first Thanksgiving dinner and although some of the food was very different for them they said that they liked it! :)

It is getting late this morning I need to get going. Today we are headed out to get the Christmas tree! :)

No comments: