Friday, November 13, 2009

"Opportunities for Worship" by Ashleigh

Listen...can you hear it? It is a quiet yet very persistent calling and it is coming from the general direction of the house. You can't hear it? Oh, well then I guess it is not intended for you. Maybe that's mine name that is being called...yes, it's clear now and I know what I am hearing. However, I think I am going to ignore it just a little bit longer. You see, there are seven crates of tomatoes calling my name and they would like to be turned into pizza sauce and other yummy things by this evening. They want my time and my attention and they really can't wait.
The truth be told, I am really rather excited to start today. I know it will be a long day full of work but that doesn't bother me. So often my days are filled with continual interaction with people and projects that demand my time that the day will be over before I blink. It is then that I think to myself, "Did I stop even once and admire Popo (the volcano) and praise God for His majesty?" Sadly, the answer is often "no". Today, I plan on putting on my music and worshiping while I work, maybe meditate on some scripture, and throw up a few prayers while I'm at it. I have the sneaking suspicion that the kids will leave me alone as they might get roped into work if they come near. :)

Psalm 29:2 says, "Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name, worship the Lord in the splendor of His holiness." How often do we run about our days and never stopping to worship? Be intentional today to make room for some worship time, it's worth it!

1 comment:

Diann Claassen said...

Thanks, Ashleigh, for the reminder that worship isn't relegated to one hour on Sunday, but is something we can do during our ordinary daily duties - even while turning seven crates of tomatoes into pizza sauce! I'll try to remember that today while I go about my ordinary duties.
Love you!
Diann Claassen