Fishers of Men Ministries needs a new set of wheels! We currently have a 1996, 15 passenger van with over 250,000 miles on it that provides transportation for both the Evangelistic Medical Mission Crusades and our family here at Refuge Ranch. Actually, that vehicle is in such poor condition that we are not even using it at this moment! Currently, a borrowed 1997 van provides transportation for both the crusades and the family.
Our current van would require a new transmission as well as other mechanical repairs in order to make it safe enough to trust with the lives of our children and crusade volunteers. Last month, I had to stop several times on the way home from church to add transmission fluid to the van just to get home. The year and condition of the vehicle just does not make it a wise choice to keep pouring financial resources into it just to keep it running!
As you have realized, we use one passenger vehicle to cover both the needs of the Evangelistic Medical Mission Crusades, as well as the family here at Refuge Ranch. Depending on where the Lord has called us to go, the crusade team alone travels an average of 12,000 miles a year, besides the miles driven to meet the needs of the family at Refuge Ranch.
Therefore, Fishers of Men is seeking to purchase a new, 19 passenger, Mercedes Benz Sprinter passenger van.
• This vehicle would provide the strength needed to carry our crusade volunteers to the towns and villages to which the Lord is calling us to in 2018, and beyond. Strength for trips that require strenuous long-haul driving, mountain curves and even dirt roads with more potholes than road.
• This vehicle would provide the safety needed (individual seatbelts for all passengers, as well as a vehicle that will not breakdown in the middle of nowhere) to trust with the lives of not only our crusade volunteers, who leave their families on a regular basis to serve the Lord, but also with the lives of our children here at Refuge Ranch, and those who are yet to form part of our family.
• This vehicle would provide the legality required to assure that Fishers of Men meets all government stipulations regarding the transportation of personnel, since the Sprinter is the only vehicle recognized by the Mexican government to meet the standards set for such use.
If we divide the cost of such a vehicle by its expected usage over the next 5 years, thereby still retaining resale value that would allow Fishers of Men to maintain using top quality vehicles to transport its most precious resource and responsibility, its people, the cost comes out to only $1.00 per mile to provide the ministry with new, safe, legal and trustworthy transportation!
That means that:
• for only $63 you sponsor one round trip for our family to attend church on Sunday morning
• your $194 donation provides the mileage required to prepare for a crusade as we purchase supplies and pick up donations around the Mexico City area
• $96 supplies the mileage for an average family outing
• In return for your sacrifice of $1500 you will have provided transportation for our volunteers for an entire crusade!
• For every dollar you give YOU LITERALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
You may give your designated donation to “TRANSPORTATION” online on our website:
Or mail your donation, marked “TRANSPORTATION” to:
Fishers of Men
P.O. Box 940
Shelbyville, IN 46176
Thank you so much for your support and generosity!