Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"220 Power at Refuge Ranch" by Ashleigh

For those of you who are newer to the blog let me kntroduce myself. My name is Ashleigh Weis. I lived at Refuge Ranch for over two years and returned to the states this past spring. Since then I have been working on different fundraisers in the attempt of helping raise the $16,000 needed for 220 power at Refuge Ranch. I talked to Julie about posting on the blog my most recent idea in order to better spread the word and she thought it was a good idea! :)


In the last couple of months I have created a Refuge Ranch cookbook. This fundraiser is specifically for 220 power as I stated before. There is a HUGE need for 220 power at the Ranch. Everyday life is weighed down because there isn’t sufficient power to operate efficiently. Laundry is done almost by hand for over 25 people. They have the laundry room ready to use but they do not have the power to run the washing machines they need. They also have a computer for the children to use for school but at this time they can’t turn it on because the power isn’t consistent enough to keep it on. Another big project at the Ranch is the need for a well but they wouldn’t be able to pump the water from the well unless they have 220 power!


So with that in mind let me tell you a little bit more about the cookbook. The majority of the recipes are authentic Mexican cuisine from Rosa’s gift in cooking. A few American recipes that were well loved at the Ranch are also in the cookbook. There is just about 50 recipes total and I am selling them for $15 (plus S&H for those I have to mail individually). (There are some pictures below of the cookbook to give you an idea on what it looks like.) Some of the recipes include (but are not limited to):


- Arroz con Leche (Rice Milk)

- Granola

- Chicken in Poblano Cream Sauce

- Empanadas (Fried Bread Pockets)

- Tacos

- Tostadas

- Rosa’s Chicken Burgers

- Guacamole

- Apple Carrot Salad

- Zucchini in Cream


So, for those of you who have been to Mexico and know what an amazing cook Rosa is you know what a great opportunity this is. For those of you who have friends and family who love to cook or love authentic Mexican food this is the perfect Christmas present! If anyone would like to buy a cookbook (or a few) please send a check made out to me to my home address which is:


Ashleigh Weis

530 Gish Rd.

Rittman, OH 44270


Please include your name and home address so I can mail the cookbook back to you when the order comes in. Each cookbook is $15 and I am asking for $2.50 for the shipping of one book and a $1 shipping for each additional book. Please note: I will be making the final order on Monday, November 15th. I need to at least know your check is in the mail by then and how many cookbooks you want. If you have any questions feel free to email me at hearhim21@gmail.com.


Thanks,

Ashleigh


PS - If you live near Norma Humphrey, Emy Bridge, Debbie Firebaugh, Corrine Sattler, or Diann Claassen see them about your order because they will all be collecting orders for me at their churches. (That way you wouldn’t need to pay the shipping cost.)



Front Cover

Two Page Spread

Recipes

1 comment:

Dani said...

This is a brilliant idea!! Anyone who has eaten at Refuge Ranch will agree that this cookbook will be worth buying. :) I pray God will use it to bring plenty of funds in!