Friday, March 5, 2010

"A Little Video" by Ashleigh

I wondered if I should post again about the crusade or not. It is still so all consuming in my mind and heart. I know that there was two other posts about the crusade but it seems to be the one thing weighing on my heart today. So, you all will just have to bear me as I share a little bit more.

I will admit that I have been a skeptic in the past. Not that the crusades were ineffective or unimportant. But I always wondered about the long term strength that is brought. This is purely based out of a very western American perspective. If we evangelize anyone we fully expect for there to be only a few people who truly start to follow the Lord. When groups of children pray to receive Christ it's a given that only a percentage will actually grow. It's different down here and I was foolish to think that because the western culture has hardened its heart to God that this was the norm. My eyes have been opened.

Last fall FOM did a crusade to Michoacan last fall in October and we found out that the missionary who is there full time called a nearby seminary asking for help because there were 340 people who wanted Bible studies. When was the last time that happened in the US? There are many, many stories just like that. Full of hearts who have been captured by God.

I wanted to remember this crusade as my first crusade. (Technically, I have gone on one other one but it was three weeks after getting here and I was very sick. So, I don't count that one). I put together a little video of the crusade and that was the main thing that persuaded me to to post again about the crusade. So, here it is. To view it in full screen (which I recommend) click on the little box on the bottom far right that has the four arrows pointing to the corners. Enjoy!


5 comments:

Fishers of Men said...

Excellent job, Ashleigh! You were busy today! Awesome video!

Diann Claassen said...

Thanks, Ashleigh, for putting together such a powerful presentation of the crusade. It brought tears to my eyes to see the joy of the Lord on so many faces!
Love ya!
Diann

Dani said...

Amazing!!!

Nicole Noelle said...

Nice job, Ashleigh! Enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Ashleigh. Thanks for sharing